Offering Upgrades and Strategies to Mitigate Risk and Verify Spatial Integrity
Divestco Geomatics has extensive experience migrating reference systems and meeting the industry’s need to address spatial discrepancies between new and legacy data. The use of spatial data is prevalent in our world and can be easily misinterpreted to introduce location errors up to 250 m due to datum differences.
While it is still our recommendation to migrate to new reference systems, there are different solutions to identify and mitigate spatial risks while working within your existing environment dependent on company needs, budget and direction:
- Convert, or migrate, all assets and data (NAD83 Consulting)
- Evaluate your current state and identify risks to specific areas of interest (DLS Assessment)
- Mitigate risk and maximize spatial integrity
- Minimize gatekeeping costs and error when users are not datum or DLS grid aware
- Alleviate financial impact to operations: dry holes, trespasses, regulatory penalties, down time for drilling rigs etc.
- DLS Comparison Maps identify the spatial discrepancies to assist in planning and analysis
- Evaluate the current state of data, data flow, software, procedures, and associated risks
- Detailed scoping and strategy developments to assist in the migration to new datum’s and/or grids
- Identify procedures and processes to work within a stable and reliable data environment
Dominion Land Survey Assessment/Upgrades
Our Dominion Land Survey (DLS) Risk Assessment and Upgrade Services provide you with a unique hands-on approach to address your specific goals and needs towards a NAD83 migration. We analyze and rectify the potential geospatial and geometry risks between your seismic surveys and the data associated with the provincial survey township fabric (from which well coordinates are derived).
- DLS grid-preparation for NAD83 migration
- Conformity to the regulatory body’s township grid
Contact us for more information about DLS Grid and Datum Assessment