Our technology creates a seamless 3D seismic merge starting with the initial phase analysis of all 3D’s prior to a global tomography refraction solution. Advanced 6D interpolation (SPRINT6D) ensures variations in 3D geometries are harmonized for final 3D migration in time or depth. Using Interactive phase analysis across each 3D survey, (MATCH3D) provides the tool to recheck and recalibrate phase across overlapping 3D datasets.
- Phase matching prior to first break picking
- Common 3D global refraction statics solution
- Interactive Phase and Time Analysis, MATCH3D.
- Surface consistent amplitude corrections are computed on each 3D independently
- Global scalar matching for all 3D’s in the merge – common relative amplitude scalar.
- Surface consistent Deconvolution is computed on each 3D independently
- Re-check phase. Interactive Phase and Time Analysis, MATCH3D
- 6D Interpolation for a common target geometry prior to migration. The input to migration is a 3D merged dataset which is pre-stack phase matched, best azimuth and offset distribution for migration.
- Pre-stack Time migration (Azimuthal preserving)
The 3D merge process starts with a review of all 3D’s and field recording parameters. Instrument and receiver corrections are applied to account for different vintage datasets. All multi-vintage receiver corrections are made prior to the first break picking to ensure consistent phase of the first arrivals. A global refraction statics solution is computed with all the 3D’s in the merge. Surface consistent amplitude corrections are computed on each 3D with spherical divergence corrections.
3D horizon slice: Instantaneous Phase at Envelope Peak Old Processing vs. Hybrid Processing (improved phase variation across the 3D merges)
Use slider to see the difference.
Surface Consistent deconvolution is independently computed and applied on each 3D, taking into consideration vintage, source and receiver type. Vibroseis data is min. phase corrected prior to deconvolution.
Phase is rechecked at several stages pre-deconvolution, post deconvolution and post final statics and velocities. 6D interpolation is used to harmonize the geometries to a common target grid. The input to migration should be a pre-stack phase consistent dataset.
Contact us for more information about 3D Merge