The primary purpose of this position is to provide support and training to Divestco’s clients for our software and data products.
You will be responsible for:
- Take ownership of support issues to ensure our clients gets the best customer service possible. Tasks include product installation and licensing, answering how-to questions, making workflow suggestions and troubleshooting technical problems.
- Create detailed documentation of issues encountered including steps to reproduce, internal and external communication regarding the issue, and the resolution of next steps (report as an enhancement or bug fix to the development team).
- Support the Sales team by conducting demonstrations of the software’s capabilities and uses.
- Provide software product training to clients. Responsible for teaching data loading, interpretation, visualization and stratigraphic and structural interpretation software tools.
- Handles monthly data updates.
- Work with Technical Writing to keep training manuals up to date; this may include providing new content, feedback on material or assistance understanding the application.
- Assist with Quality Assurance testing for new/existing software to confirm workflows and isolate bugs.
- Act as the voice of the client when attending product meetings representing the support team.
- Provide client information/metrics to Product Managers upon request.
- Assist clients (business users or IT personnel) over the phone, via remote assist tools or in person at the client site.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Comply with all company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Complete ad hoc requests as needed.
You will bring (Qualifications):
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal, including telephone skills)
- Strong organizational and customer service skills
- Ability to handle both positive and negative feedback
- Ability to work at a fast pace in accordance with deadlines and requests
- Demonstrate behaviour that reflects professionalism and represents Divestco’s best interest.
- Eager to take on new challenges.
- Positive, energetic, approachable, personable and friendly manner
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in a Geoscience, Geophysics, Geology, or Earth Science discipline.
- 1-2 years IT/software support experience related to the Oil and Gas Industry
- Strong technical background, analytical, network and troubleshooting skills
- Understands Geological and Geophysical roles
- Proficient help desk and customer service experience providing support for end users
- Good understanding of Microsoft Windows and Excel operating systems (workstation and server)
Simply click the button “apply now” if you are interested in this position, follow the directions and attach your resume & cover letter in one attachment.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in a career with Divestco, please note that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Divestco Inc. complies with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). By forwarding your resume to Divestco you are consenting to the collection and use of your personal information for this job. Your information will be kept strictly confidential.