Divestco is looking for an individual to work as part of the team that develops desktop and web-based platforms for finding, visualizing and delivering our industry leading relational and spatial data sets used in oil and gas exploration. Reporting to the Manager of Software Development you will need to thrive in an agile environment that efficiently turns customer requirements into commercial reality.
You will be responsibilities for:
- Designing and developing commercial and internal software products with a focus on exploration processes and data
- Work both independently and as a team both with other software developers, QA, Product Management and clients
- Collaborating within the software development team to improve Divestco’s technical capabilities, quality initiatives and software development best practices and processes
- Accurately evaluating and articulating software development estimates and risks
- Striving to continually improve your technical skills
You will bring (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience in a software development team environment
- Desktop development experience: .NET, C#, WPF
- Web development experience using modern technology stacks and best practices would be an asset
- Good understanding of Agile & Scrum development methodologies
- Good understanding of Object Oriented Design and Design Patterns
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Microsoft certification would be an asset
- Curiosity and a strong desire to learn and share new software development tools and practices
Simply click the button “apply now” if you are interested in this position, follow the directions and attach your resume and cover letter in one attachment.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in a career with Divestco, please note that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Divestco Geoscience Ltd. complies with the Personal Information and Electronics Document Act (PIPEDA). By forwarding your resume to Divestco you are consenting to the collection and use of your personal information for this job. Your information will be kept stricly confidential.