Divestco is looking for an individual to work as part of the team that develops a web-based platform for finding, visualizing and delivering our industry leading data base of relational and spatial data sets used in oil and gas exploration. Reporting to the Manager, Software Development you will thrive in an agile environment that efficiently turns customer requirements into commercial reality.
You will be responsible for:
- Designing and developing commercial and internal software products with a focus on Divestco’s web platforms for delivering our exploration data sets
- Developing and deployment of GIS products including server-based mapping applications and spatial layers
- Working both independently and as a team both with other software developers, QA, Product Management and clients
- Collaborating within the software development team to improve Divestco’s technical capabilities, quality initiatives and software development best practices and processes
- Accurately evaluating and articulating software development estimates and risks
- Striving to continually improve your technical and leadership skills
You will bring (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalency
- 3-8 years’ experience in a software development team environment
- Desktop development experience: .NET, C#, WPF
- Familiarity with ESRI Web AppBuilder development
- Curiosity and a strong desire to learn and share new software development tools and practices
- GIS experience creating spatial platforms, datasets and layers
- Good understanding of Agile & Scrum development methodologies
- Good understanding of Object Oriented Design and Design Patterns
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Mobile or tablet development
- Knowledge of data modelling and database management
- Familiarity with Oracle and PostgreSQL
- Experience building/maintaining ESRI ArcGIS server implementations
- Experience with unit test authoring and code reviews
- Experience with software usability and GUI design
- Oil and Gas industry knowledge
Simply click the button “apply now” if you are interested in this position, follow the directions and attach your resume & cover letter in one attachment.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in a career with Divestco, please note that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Divestco Inc. complies with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). By forwarding your resume to Divestco you are consenting to the collection and use of your personal information for this job. Your information will be kept strictly confidential.